Thursday, December 20, 2007

Yes, I'm Posting About M.I.A.

Was "Paper Planes" an album track?

Maybe this is what I get for downloading albums, but it definitely isn't on the version of Kala that I picked up online a few months ago. I'm still not as into her as pretty much the rest of the internet, but this song is pretty damn killer. Floating along on a dreamy Clash sample, it's pretty damn peppy for a song about holding people up.

Here's the video - I'm not even going to bother talking about the MTV controversy as it's been done to death all over the internet already.



Not bad, though the Beastie Boys cameo is a little out of nowhere and not totally necessary. I will say this - as superficial as it is, she looks damn good in that Metallica tshirt.

As good as the track is - and it is good - Diplo did us all a favor by upping this remix, featuring Bun B and Rich Boy. B and Rich Boy absolutely kill it, riding that beat for all it's worth. The original almost sounds a little naked afterwards.

Get into it.

No comments: